A.C.E
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zombie Outbreak

4 posters

Go down

Zombie Outbreak Empty Zombie Outbreak

Post  Quake Maruader Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:35 pm

Okay, this is rather a silly question, but i just finished watching a zombie movie so i just wanted to know what everyone feels.
1. What is the WORST place to hide during a zombie outbreak?
2. What is the BEST place to hide during a zombie outbreak?
3. If there was a zombie outbreak, what types of weapons might you use? (Can be anything you can use as a weapon)
Give a clear rationale of why that is your answer.
Quake Maruader
Quake Maruader

Back to top Go down

Zombie Outbreak Empty Re: Zombie Outbreak

Post  adsf Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:58 am

1. Worst place - in the supermarket: they'll get ya in a few weeks after looking for food, plus or minus a few days
2. Best place - Area 51: I don't know how good the security is, but security is guarenteed.
3. Weapons - napalm rockets/bombs/grenades, flamethrowers - since they are life forms mutated or not, they are still vulnerable to fire.
adsf
adsf

Back to top Go down

Post  Quake Maruader Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:26 am

1. The worst place to be during a zombie outbreak is in a hospital... Many people who are infected will come to the hospital for treatment if theyre bitten and they will start infecting all the patients, doctors, nurses, etc. Also, the organs for transplants are stored in hospitals too, and the blood will attract the zombies.
2. The best place to be during a zombie outbreak might be a shopping mall with chain walls. It has food, shelter, place, and a hell of alot of things you can use as weapons. But the only downside is that its a big place and you need to secure every entrance.
3. For the weapons, i would carry a crowbar, for wacking zombies in the head. Its sharp and its sturdy and can crack skulls easily. For my sidearms, i would have a Beretta Laramie, with .45 LC caliber ammo. I would aslo carry a Remington 870 pump action shotgun with FRAG-12 ammo and a SOF Combat Assult Rifle with an EGLM attachable grenade launcher with scope. I also would have a Barrett M82 sniper rifle with .50 BMG calliber ammo with a telescopic scope for sniping enemies.
Quake Maruader
Quake Maruader

Back to top Go down

Post  Danohk Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:30 pm

I always thought hiding at a liberal university would be one of the worst places to hide. Nobody there would have a decent weapon, and the kids would be more likely to throw you over to the zombies for a host of reasons.

I always thought that one of the best places to hide would be The Roof. Because you never see zombies on the roof! Or up a tree! They shuffle along, but don't climb too well. It would suck if they were the kind of zombies that weren't affected by daylight. In that case the best place to hide is anywhere where Chuck Norris is.

As for weapons, I concur with the ranged weapons ideas, especially the flame thrower/napalm stuff, but you also have GOT to have something that isn't going to run out of ammunition. Baseball bats come to mind, but something like a huge monk polearm with a gigantic weight on the end would be ideal--smash them to bits before they get to you in a swing or two. A M4A1 Abrams main battle tank also would be nice--which is a good thing about living near a U.S. Army base Smile.
Danohk
Danohk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  adsf Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:59 pm

I think quake brought up a good point - I feel that something like this is eminent. We've been keep on researching on very dangerous and unclear territories of science (like stem cell research and the complexity of cancer) that can easily trigger an epidemic of any kind that will threaten mankind. And who knows what would happen if the Avian Flu becomes worse or if the common cold just evolves into something that just lasts a day or two. Movies make the reality seem ever more closer - things like "I am Legend" and "Resident Evil 3: Extinction" are fun to watch, but they instill this chilling message that lasts forever, no kidding.

Along with the interesting questions with the weapons/hideouts, how's this: Do you think there will be something like an epidemic that will impact mankind on a big scale in the 21st century, and what extent of "zombies" and things like the "T-Virus" (from the Resident Evil series) do you think is credible and possible?
adsf
adsf

Back to top Go down

Post  Danohk Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Most of the "zombie" or "enraged zombie" effects are possible right now, through use of drugs and psychological conditioning. Where actual genetic changes are involved there is little danger of it occurring and having the subject survive...species are locked into genetic pre-sets that are terminally resistant to alteration--so for the moment and forseeable future we are safe. It is extremely likely, though, that we could develop genetic-vector diseases that could easily wipe us out as a species, so you're quite correct in being nervous about that specific sort of thing.
Danohk
Danohk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danohk Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:13 pm

Oh, and here's a nice Flash game for the zombie-killer fans. Smile

CLICK HERE
Danohk
Danohk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  new guy Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:44 pm

wow nice game
new guy
new guy

Back to top Go down

Post  adsf Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:29 pm

For Danhok, that was the first thing that came up to me when I thought of a "zombie game." Loved the game, but it does attract too much attention with the clicking when you're trying to play it covertly inside a library Wink.

And another good point you brought up: BIOLOGICAL WARFARE. It is banned under international law, but then, who ever followed the law in all of human race? If you have ways to get power, heck ya, go for it. And biological warfare is one of the scariest weapons I could ever imagine. Rather than bullets or artillery shells that are straightforward kills or not (maybe with the exception of napalm) biological warfare can create parasites that could lead onto a domino effect to get others contaminated.

I have no idea what the stretch of these weapons are, but with technology we have these days, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a secret labratory somewhere with vials marked with every kind of disease known and ready to use. Simply scary.
adsf
adsf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum