Plasma Cannons

Go down

Plasma Cannons

Post  Danohk on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:26 am

About a day from now I will start building plasma turrets on my home planet.

"One of the most advanced defense weapons systems ever developed, the Plasma Turret uses a large nuclear reactor fuel cell to power an electromagnetic accelerator that fires a pulse, or toroid, of plasma. During operation, the Plasma turret first locks in on a target and begins the process of firing. A plasma sphere is created in the turrets core by super heating and compressing gases, stripping them of their ions. Once the gas is superheated, compressed, and a plasma sphere is created, it is then loaded into the electromagnetic accelerator which is then energized. Once fully energized, the accelerator is then activated, which results in the plasma sphere being launched at an extremely high rate of speed to the intended target. From your targets perspective, the approaching bluish ball of plasma is impressive, but once it strikes, it causes instant destruction."

Structural Integrity 100.000
Shield Strength 300
Attack Strength 3.000

It's like having a Destroyer.3 parked on your planet. Smile
Danohk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NICE!

Post  XxWoLfEnCpxX on Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:16 am

So you saying you have plasma lv 7?? HOLY! affraid
NICE. I was trying to get one of those but instead focused on other defences like light lasers. I got 150 of them in homeplanet and 130 in 4th colony. lol! I don't know why 4th colony has more defences then other colonies but who cares.
Good Luck Building Them!! Very Happy
XxWoLfEnCpxX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Defenses

Post  Danohk on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:26 pm

A very high-ranked player in Universe 19 once told me to focus all my defenses on 1 planet only. So I've focused on my Homeworld. Here's the defenses as of today:

Rocket Launcher 1.274
Light Laser 134
Heavy Laser 32
Gauss Cannon 45
Ion Cannon 32
Small Shield Dome 1
Large Shield Dome 1
Anti-Ballistic Missiles 30

Now some of my other planets have defenses on them, too--just to keep them from getting plundered by Large Cargo fleets. But for the most part I have focused on building up my main planet, so when the plasma turrets go in, they will be relatively isolated in a forest of other defenses and thereby less likely to be hit. I want to add another 55 Gauss and some Heavy Lasers before I start socking plasma turrets in there, though.
Danohk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plasma Cannons

Post  XxWoLfEnCpxX on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:29 am

Isn't that kind of bad? I think it is better to have defenses in all planets because what if you get attacked in your colonies? You won't be ablt to defend it as well as your homeplanet. Suspect
XxWoLfEnCpxX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Defenses

Post  Danohk on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:13 am

Well, yes and no. I clean my colonies out twice a day so it's hardly worth it to attack them. And I DO put a few defenses on them, like I said. So I guess if people wanted to try to figure out when I move my resources and time their attacks just before I do housecleaning, they could probably get a little something from me. If they got wise to it, though, I'd just switch the times that I cleaned up or turtle my colonies. As it is, it's just not worth anyone's time to go after my colonies since there is hardly any resources laying around. Now there usually IS a little bit of resource laying around on my planet, but since there are so many defenses there, one would take big losses and not get anything from it, if they were to attack. Especially with lots of Gauss cannons and soon to be plasma turrets. Those two items are ship-killers, right there. So...with a decent amount of defense on one planet I can save up resources there without someone sending in a bunch of battleships in to wipe me out and take everything without losing anything. It also gives me a backdrop to safely construct a fleet, pieces at a time, without being instantly crashed by some hyperactive phalanxer. No sense in crashing a fleet of 10 battleships if there are 100 plasma turrets in the background. This gives me the chance to build the fleet overnight, then send it on fleetsave to join my main fleet or cruise around on its own somewhere else. So to answer your question, yes, it's okay to have defenses on all your colonies, but if you don't leave anything laying around on them, they're probably not going to be attacked, anyway. In fact, none of my colonies have been attacked since that last time when I lost my fleet.
Danohk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XxWoLfEnCpxX on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:23 am

I find it very hard not to have my resources laying around in my colonies since I want to up grade some high tech, and they costs like a ton of resources. How are you going to do that, if there are no resources in one planet? Suspect
XxWoLfEnCpxX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Danohk on Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:12 pm

Ah, well, I do all my research on my homeworld, where my research lab is highest level (10). Since I don't like to have too many resources hanging around on one planet, for those big researches I fleetsave with resources. 24 large cargoes = 600,000 resources I can have in fleetsave for a minimal cost. Sending the fleet somewhere in the same galaxy set to arrive during one of my on-computer times usually means that when the resources arrive they're only sitting there for 15-30 minutes, which isn't really long enough for someone to spy them out (since they usually don't watch my colonies anyway) and send an attack down that's big enough to take them all. So then I can load up all the resources again and send them back on their way to arrive at my next on-computer time.

If I'm doing a large research project, I'll write a Note to myself (with the Notes function from the actions panel) with the specific amount of resources that I need, what I have in the shipment, and when it will arrive. I know it's nerdy, and I have to wait 16 hours while resources get places....but it's very safe. I hardly get attacked these days, just because I hardly have anything laying around to be attacked.
Danohk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XxWoLfEnCpxX on Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:17 am

Sounds like a good plan cheers
XxWoLfEnCpxX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content